There are 2 ways you can work with me…..
- Book a discovery call to discuss a Program: Programs are great. It means we get to have regular check-ins. It means we will work together for a longer period of time (3 months minimum). It means you can make slow, deliberate changes that really ‘stick.’ We have 2 great programs on offer currently. You can book a discovery call to discuss either one of these or both if you aren’t sure which is best.
- PROGRAM 1- Habits 4 Health 4 Life: I’ve been a Nutritionist for over 10 years now and I’ve helped many different people with very different goals. No matter the person and no matter the goal…there are still a number of foundational habits that must be established first and foremost as a cornerstone of good health. This course is about assisting YOU to FIRMLY establish these habits AND I combine this with individual advice specific to you. What’s included: 5 consultations conducted over 3-4 months/ online course work to keep you on track between appointments / supporting nutritional supplementation. Investment = $799.
- PROGRAM 2- Metabolic Balance: this is a 6-month program (minimum) that includes comprehensive blood tests, an individualised food plan based on these blood results, and 7 consultations. Investment = $1550. You can review all of the details about Metabolic Balance here.
- Work ‘Consult to Consult’: I.e. you book an initial consultation via the online bookings button (or by phoning the office on 0422 888 114) to begin with and we book follow-up appointments as needed. Consult to Consult is appropriate if you’re looking for baby-led weaning advice | general nutrition guidance | postpartum advice | preconception advice | assistance with niggling digestive issues | advice regarding nutritional supplementation. See below for consultation prices:
|Initial consultation||Full health history/initial advice $189 (70 mins)|
review nutrition/progress/advise $109 (45 mins)
|**Note: All consultations are via Zoom/phone. Clinical supplementation may be prescribed; prices vary depending on the product. If you’re not sure what you should be booking, drop us an email: email@example.com|
What can I expect from a 1 on 1 appointment?
The initial consultation is mainly fact finding. ALL programs INCLUDE an initial consultation. We review your full health history, any medications, diagnosed conditions are noted and all your symptoms are discussed. If you have copies of recent test results, particularly blood tests, please have them handy, BUT do not be concerned if you do not have access to copies. Getting to know you does take some time so we allow 70 minutes. We will often finish by asking you this question: ‘when did you last feel healthy? How did that feel?’
You will leave this appointment
a) feeling ‘heard’ and
b) with a few simple modifications to make to your current nutrition/lifestyle/supplement regime.
c) Possibly with supplement/s on their way to you via post. See note below on supplements please. (If your booking is for digestive concerns, preconception, pregnancy, or postpartum nutrition, it’s highly likely supplements will be strongly recommended).
d) possibly with instructions to keep a detailed food and symptom diary for a number of weeks AND/OR a basic protocol to follow AND/OR or a ‘checklist’ of daily habits to bring into your routine AND/OR online course ‘homework’ to do if doing a program with me.
Please ensure you read the change and cancellation policy before becoming a client at the bottom of this page.
The second consultation and subsequent consultations we may review some of what was discussed in the first consultation and we will:
- Explain to you why you may be experiencing some of your symptoms from a nutritional medicine perspective
- Review how you are feeling with the simple modifications we may have already made.
- Recommend further lifestyle / exercise / dietary changes to implement
- Change / add in / reduce your supplementation routine.
- Recommend you move onto a program perhaps.
- Give you some idea of how long it may take for you to begin feeling yourself again.
- Provide referrals if necessary for additional bloods/tests and/or write a letter to your GP or any other relevant health professionals you are seeing concurrently.
- Review your food and symptom diary as this gives us ‘real time’ feedback
Why Zoom/phone only?
During COVID we were forced to adapt to online consulting and we made some interesting observations – mostly positive. a) People seemed less stressed from the very beginning – no getting stuck in traffic, fighting for a carpark etc. b) people are comfortable when speaking from their own space and seem to open up more quickly. c) its easy to grab supplements/ medications etc. and show us exactly what you are taking when speaking to us from home and d) I have a little person in my life and the model works for now and the foreseeable future.
Please have a pen and paper handy during your consultation to jot down actions and recommendations. I also follow up consultations with a short email, summarising our discussion.
I’m interested in Metabolic Balance…
This program is a commitment of at least 6 months with the intention ofregaining health for life – not just for a season. It’s typical for other symptoms to improve even in complex health conditions because this program is not just about weight loss. Rather, it’s about restoring your body to health, minimizing inflammation and then weight is released as a result. Read / listen to / watch full information about Metabolic Balance here.
Nutritional supplements have a place in the treatment of many conditions including fatigue, poor sleep (the cornerstone to good health), mental wellbeing, digestive function, preconception / pregnancy, cardiovascular issues and even weight loss. Vitamins and formulas available over the counter (OTT) are typically incredibly poor quality, not therapeutically dosed (i.e. they are weak) and also filled with fillers. There are very few OTT supplementations that we would recommend. I may prescribe better quality options which you can then order yourself to be delivered to your home.
Q: Are you a dietitian? A: no I (Katie) and any consulting staff are registered, degree qualified Nutritionists. Chances are, you want to work with us because of our ethos and our reputation, not because of what letters come before or after our name. What’s the difference you ask? It’s a different degree… that’s all I really know to be honest.
Q: Are you covered by Medicare A: no. Even if you have a ‘chronic care plan’ from your GP you can not claim through Medicare to see a Nutritionist. You should ask your GP for a specific person to see if you want to take advantage of a chronic care plan.
Q: Are you covered by NDIS. A: no.
Q: Do you do allergy testing? A: allergies and intolerances are very different. Allergy testing is generally looked after by a General Practitioner or immunologist. So no, we do not do allergy testing.
Q: Do you do intolerance testing? A: we can… technically. But we generally do not. We can usually pinpoint what the issue is without expensive testing. If you are absolutely positive you want to have ‘intolerance testing’ done then please seek another nutritionist as we honestly don’t do this type of testing unless it’s absolutely neeeded.
Q: Are you covered by private health funds. A: some. Please check your individual fund and ask the question ‘am I covered to see a Nutritionist?’ (note: some will cover dietitians but not nutritionists so please be specific as we don’t take responsibility for knowing the policies of every different private health fund). Also ensure that they are rebating on telehealth consultations – some will, some do not. There are over 90 different private health funds in Australia, so again, we do not know the rules and regulations of all policies so please direct enquiries to your fund, not to us.
Q: Are you registered? A: yes I am a registered Nutritionist (and insured for that matter) with ANTA.
See our FAQ page if you feel like you still have questions 🙂
Changes and Cancellations
We ask for 24 hours notice for changes to appointments/cancellations We reserve the right to charge for the appointment in full for changes / cancellations inside of 24 hours. A 40% deposit is payable to secure your appointment.
Once again, you will be charged in full if you simply do not show up for the appointment. Under Australian Consumer Law, as a service based business who clearly states the cancellation policy, we are entitled to do this.